Monday, January 2, 2017

26 December 2016-1 January 2017


A favorite elder from Montreal who served as our translator for the whole time he was here since he spoke both French and English.  When we said good-bye after our farewell devotional, I had a few tears in my eyes and he looked at me and said, "Are we allowed to hug senior missionaries?"  I said, "Sure," and we gave each other a hug.  This is our last farewell night we'll experience.  

Sister Hill and her husband have arrived and we're
now training them for two weeks to take our
places.  They are a wonderful couple from Bountiful;
so positive and happy and willing to serve.  They
LOVE the missionaries; it's heartwarming to see.
These are two teachers with us on intake day.

I had to post this picture since this is the first American sister we've ever had in a year and the first South Korean sister!  They are both learning French and will be serving in the
Madagascar Mission on Reunion Island.


Sister Hill is learning quickly about
immunizations with the help of Comfort,
the nurse, and Rodaline, the teacher.  It's
the changing of the guard.

Sister Hill is very compassionate but
also very matter of fact.  I love it!

Before the Hills arrived, we took Aba and James
out to dinner with the Brubakers.  It ended up
being a sports bar!

I had to get a picture of this distraught elder at my last immunization day.
He survived.  
We wanted to share some of our favorite pictures from the past year





























1 comment:

  1. Sooooo many great pictures!!! I especially loved the one of the distraught elder.

    ReplyDelete