Sunday, December 18, 2016

12-18 December 2016

Here's a Christmas tree lot in Ghana - all fake!
Not many choices either.

Our fake tree with decorations in the
lobby of the MTC.

The Brubaker's little Christmas tree
on their coffee table with their pretty
Christmas Kente runner. And bead decorations.

Saying good-bye to Sister Stutz.
They're home in Orem now.

I met this sister outside the temple.
She had recently returned from
serving a mission at Temple
Square.

Notice the instructions for this laundry soap.  Use
your hand to measure it and use a washing bowl
for washing by hand.  Notice that there are no
instructions for a washing machine. Most people
don't have one.

This is probably the extent of my Christmas baking.  Sugarless banana muffins - with a few chocolate chips and coconut on top!

Bernece has a shop in Accra - she's very involved
with the Days for Girls project and does so
much good, traveling all over Ghana.

Eating lunch with some missionaries in the cafeteria.  These are our zone leaders and our sister leaders.

We taught the sisters how to make these little
cloth covered notebooks/journals.  They loved
it.  We mainly used my scraps from dresses I
had made.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great article and it's helpful for everyone. Great Post! top 5 star hotels tehran

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I got to see the Christmas tree. It's a little bit ugly but not so bad. :) I think it's just the huge ribbons that aren't so cute. I was hoping for much worse. ha ha

    ReplyDelete